Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up: Hammer Pants, Baseball Cards & Real Baseball

Photobucket
This weekend I dropped by H&M and picked up these pants with the remainder of my gift card. Initially, I didn't like these "harem," "drop crotch," or "MC Hammer" pants that everyone is wearing, at least in Internetland, but then I started to realize the roominess might be comfortable if the fabric is right. I was also inspired by CC Sabathia and Prince Fielder's enormous uniforms. If only they'd wear knee-high socks like Ichiro but over those billowing pants.

I was a little apprehensive about these pants so I kept the tag on but wore them out. But then I couldn't stop wearing them all weekend. They are so comfortable, you must take my word for it. You can't really tell in the photo above but the have a slight shimmer to them. But looking at these pictures, I'm starting to realize how ridiculous they really do look. Oh well!

Photobucket
On Saturday, Mordecai and I went baseball card-hunting in the afternoon and then we picked up Joe to eat some damn good orange beef at Shanghai Inn. We then went to Meijer and were initially disappointed by the regular card aisle, but then discovered a display of many blasters on sale. I cleaned out their 2008 Topps Series 1 blasters as they were $5 each. I also got a 2008 Topps Chrome blaster, not at all on sale, but worth every penny. Looks like I'll be collecting 2008 base set as well. And yes, that is a GOP John McCain card on the table.

On Sunday, Mordecai, Sean and I went to see the Red Sox sweep the Yankees at a Red Sox lovers' bar, Monsignor Murphy's in Lakeview. I went to the bathroom at one point and when I came back, all "tu tu ru"-ing to myself, I turned to my left and checked to see how the game was going, and that was when I witnessed Jacoby Ellsbury stealing home. Perfect timing! Joe had told me about Kenji Johjima stealing home once, but I had totally forgotten about it. Jose Reyes was recently talking about stealing home, but I'm starting to become wary of him, even with that million dollar smile.

On schedule this week: more baseball and baseball cards!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hi Kei,

Yesterday, I went to a weird old baseball card store near Wall Street and then walked up Broadway past Top Shop. I went in for a second, but felt too old and too short stay. Maybe the next time you're in New York....

In any case, I've been feverishly hunting for cards on the internet. I mostly look for the Allen and Ginter and Turkey Red cards...do you need any Miguel Cabreras for your set?

xx,
J.