Thursday, April 28, 2011

Days Ten & Eleven

Day 10 – A photo of your favorite place to eat.

I was upset that I ate my Filet-O-Fish without taking a picture of it for my Day Ten post. Then I got over it, because everyone know what McDonald look like!

My other favorite places to eat are my house and my parents' house.

Day 11 – What’s in your makeup bag?

Photobucket
Photobucket
The other day, my mom's friend in Japan sent me a bunch of things from the 300 yen store. One was a pencil cup holder-type thing, and another was a makeup bag. This was exciting to me for some reason even though we have such things here in the States. So I cleaned up my makeup area (stuff piled on a TV dinner table from Target). 
Photobucket
This is not a representation of what I actually use in one day, even a fancy day; the bag is just huge and fits anything that I currently use. There are eyeshadows: Visée neutrals, Laura Mercier's Black Karat (more like khaki greenish bronze), MAC's "My Dark Magic" featuring Maleficent of Sleeping Beauty (a shimmery, gothy purple). There's blush by a Japanese company (I accidentally bought the refill without ever having a case for it) and the Chanel case is Orchid Rose. There are four tubes of mascara: Maybelline's standard Great Lash but BIG mascara (whatever), Maybelline's the Falsies Volum' Express (horrible, flimsy wand), a sample of Laura Mercier mascara, and Kiehl's Marvelous Mineral Mascara. I love the last two and am done with drugstore mascara. There are two lipsticks: Shiseido's Perfect Rouge in RD305 (bright berry red as seen here) and MAC's Siss (pale beige), recommended to me by my cousin. I see some nail stuff--cuticle cream and nail strengthening cream. I try to keep my nails nice but it's a tough battle. I also see four eyeliners--two liquid eyeliners (Japanese drugstore--the skinny pink tube is a winner!), Bobbi Brown's creamy liner in a pot, and a smudging eyeliner (also from Japanese drugstores). There are also three lip medications: Blistex (I think that's Mordo's), Kiehl's Lip Balm #1, and skinny Carmex in a tube. I also spy my handy eyebrow pencil with the brush at the end from Sephora. And there's the French lotion in a stick thing (looks like a mini-deodorant) that I should use more often.

I love makeup, but it's so expensive and I don't carve out as much time as I would like for it. I'm sure I'll come back from Japan feeling naked and ignorant though, and will be revitalized in my efforts this summer.

No comments: