Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eight O'Clock Coffee

This morning I got up at 7:10 and got out of bed at 7:40. I didn't have the Eight O'Clock Coffee until about 9, but I had a relatively productive morning that made up for laziness from the previous 4 or 5 days. This is my new study area, near natural light when it is available.

Photobucket

My fondest non-memory of Hegel is writing a 15-page paper on Phenomenology of Spirit back in the spring of 2004. I have absolutely no recollection of what the paper was about, or what the reading was about. I just remember writing it in the Regenstein and emailing Sam back and forth about how the paper was (not) coming along (ah, pre-Gmail days). Anyway, thank goodness for a fine professor who can make Hegel not only understandable, but appealing.

Photobucket

The coffee was good (and is reported to be a good buy, link via Mordecai), but you shouldn't take my word for it. We also got Dunkin' Donuts coffee grinds, so I will have my own taste test that no one should pay much attention to. I will report back nonetheless.

It should also be noted that I took an hour nap before noon. Still, progress is progress, peoples!

5 comments:

sam.m said...

Hey, I think I also don't remember that non-memory. This makes me want to get a doughnut. There's a 24hr doughnut place here, but I would need to get gas first... hmmm... I'm going!

Sean P said...

I'm pretty sure Dunkin' Donuts coffee is the platonic form of coffee, so I'm not sure that a taste test is necessary. If there were Dunkin' Donuts in Twin Peaks, no doubt that's where you would have found Agent Cooper. Still, I'm curious to hear your findings.

Jenni said...

That top photo looks like "Animal Crossings, College Edition." Let's make that!

thetiniestspark said...

donut shops are ALL OVER LA. it's so weird.

dunkin donuts has probably the best coffee ever in the world. ryan & i used to buy it (they add the milk & sugar!) and bearclaws in the mornings, omg, i love a good bearclaw.

pilocar said...

Really informative blog article.Really thank you! 
Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.