Monday, April 28, 2008

Acid Wash?

I don't really remember when acid wash was big in the 80's or 90's. A lot of people cringe at the re-sight of them, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with it.



I saw one of the sales attendants at American Apparel wearing these jeans with sneakers, and I didn't find them to be "ironic" or whatever abused adjective it is that people are on these days. But the price tag wasn't all that appealing, even if each pair is uniquely acid washed. I also figured that summer is on its way, so I let this one go. Instead, I focused on something more attainable--the t-shirt. Lately I've been into purple, which has traditionally been a clothing color I considered grandmotherly and thusly avoided. I justify my sudden interest by saying that I'm wearing my favorite Skittles flavor, the underrepresented grape, or my favorite soda flavor. If you didn't know, a hot dog and fries goes best with Fanta Grape. (Welch's Grape needs to step their game up.)

[Pinhead]

It kinda looks dirty, but I think it's a nice change from solid colors or the "Tri-blend"fabric. One thing you will not know about this t-shirt until you've touched it is that it is so soft. I don't know why, if it's the wash, but I could live in this shirt forever. And then it would really smell as dirty as it looks.

3 comments:

sam.m said...

I wondered if they were actually acid washed. After thinking about it, I bet most of our clothes are acid washed. Anyways, the acid's wikipedia page does not mention anything about jeans. Perhaps someone should add a section.

sam.m said...

oops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_permanganate

kei said...

Yeah I have no idea if I'm using "acid wash" properly as a verb, and I'm not sure I understand what occurs in acid washing on clothes. I just know there are some bad examples of it out there from the past.